Q1 Newsletter – Tiffany Carrion, Chapter President
It is hard to believe the first quarter of 2017 is behind us. What a ride it has been! NACE has already been to some phenomenal venues and speakers this year, and there is still so much in store!
During March’s Meeting, we announced our Chapter Award Winners that you selected for their involvement and dedication in 2016. Haley Haughey took home the Student of the Year award. Elizabeth Freedman was awarded the George Zell Spirit of NACE honor. I was so humbled to accept your acknowledgement as Member of the Year. Thank you all so much. We have a lot to be proud and thankful for in our Chapter!
Looking ahead, please keep an eye out for communication regarding our Chapter Scholarship Applications for Experience 2017 in Houston, TX. Also, be sure to nominate your company for the National Awards for NACE that will take place during the Experience Conference in July.
As always, please let myself or anyone on our Board of Directors know if you have questions, concerns, or want to learn more about how to get involved with our association. You can find the most up to date information regarding upcoming meetings and projects on our website and social media platforms. I hope to see you all at an upcoming meeting very soon!
We made it through the first quarter of 2017! Moving forward for the year there will be monthly postings of upcoming opportunities to join together for events supporting various causes. In April we have Walk MS, HeroFest Orlando, and Wine, Women & Shoes Fundraiser just to name a few.
Our next Community Service opportunity is food sorting on April 20 from 1:00pm-4:00pm at the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. This is a fantastic organization that distributes meals to those in need, right here in Central Florida on a daily basis. If you are interested in volunteering please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Currently I am working on securing spots to assist with the Feeding Children Everywhere project on June 12 to honor the victims of last year’s Pulse Nightclub shooting. The meals packaged will be distributed to hungry families in the victims’ home countries.
Coming up at our July meeting we will be requesting donations to benefit the UCF Knight’s Pantry as we have done in past years. This Pantry is available to UCF students in need to help alleviate the choice between purchasing text books or their next meal. Items in high demand include toiletries, school supplies, and food items with an extended shelf life (ex. Canned Tuna, Peanut Butter, Canned Fruits, Pasta, Sauce).
Keep your eye on the Newsletter page of the NACE website for upcoming events and opportunities!
Welcome New Members
NACE Member Appreciation Week - April 10-14, 2017
Are you ready for a week of all things NACE as we celebrate you and prospective members?! Checkout each day’s events below! Feel free to forward this information to your chapter members. If your chapter is on social media, use the hash tag #NACEAppreciatesU. Encourage your members to participate throughout the week as we show our appreciation to our awesome members. More details will follow in the coming weeks to announce the daily activities.
- Monday, April 10 - Member Crush Monday – Show your love for NACE throughout the day on Twitter. Tweet “Kiss me, I’m a NACE member” and @nacenational will randomly select five (5) NACE members to receive $50 off their renewal.
- Tuesday, April 11 - Refer a new NACE member to join during the week of April 10-14 and receive $75 off your membership renewal – same rules apply as the current referral program (Professional member type only) You save an additional $25 off your membership renewal! New member must join and submit payment during the week in order to qualify.
- Wednesday, April 12 - Spread the Love – NACE members will be asked to send an email to a prospect on behalf of NACE – (Download the Prospective member letter and customize it to send to a non-member explaining the value of NACE)
- Thursday, April 13 - Throwback Thursday – NACE members will be asked to submit testimonials on how being a NACE member helped grow their business from then to now. Testimonials will be used on the NACE website, marketing collateral, and on social media.
- Friday, April 14 - Friday Wine-down Virtual Happy Hour! NACE members are invited to join us for a virtual happy hour to get to know the NACE staff and NACE National Board.
Members-Only Virtual Hangouts
New for 2017, NACE members will have an all-access pass to participate in Members-Only Virtual Hangouts. During selected months, you will have the opportunity to discuss issues, share best practices and nationally network with colleagues in various areas of interest without leaving your desk. View the 2017 Virtual Hangout schedule below and click the link to register. All webinars will begin at 2:00 pm EST.
- Photography – Thursday, April, 20, 2017
- Marketing/Branding – Thursday, May, 18, 2017
- Beverage idea swap – Thursday, August, 17, 2017
- Floral – Thursday, September 21, 2017
- Catering Directors – Thursday, October 19, 2017
Members on the Move
Got a new job, received a promotion or won an award that you would like to share with the NACE community?
Members on the Move celebrates and highlights member achievements in the catering and events industry. Submit a picture of yourself or the honoree and details of the accomplishment for the national and local level. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Welcome New Members!!!
Leigh Anne Lewis
Vice President's Report
We’ve had a great start to the year and we are excited to announce that the Programs Committee is growing! We are pleased to welcome Rochelle Koontz to the team.
Rochelle is a graduate of the Rosen College of Hospitality Management and is currently an Event Coordinator at In Bloom Florist. Rochelle joined the Programs Committee to broaden her experiences, meet professionals in the industry, develop new relationships with vendors and likeminded, enthusiastic people, and work with the wonderful team at NACE.
We are excited to have her joining us not just as a committee member but also a new NACE Orlando member.
Interested in joining our committee? Have an idea for an educational program? Want to sponsor a meeting? If you answered yes, or just want to say hello, please don’t hesitate to contact me, I’d love to hear from you!